Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 87

Well it was my last day in Paris. It still has not quite hit me yet. It was a really good day though! It started out with a trip to the Institute. I had to take an oral exam for a BYU study about how our French improves while we are here. Not for a grade, so not really a big deal. I don’t think I did much better than I did before I left.

I met Michael and Elder Hales at the institute and we made our way over to lunch by the Louvre. We had one place in mind, but decided that we thought we would like going to Angeline’s better. They have the best hot chocolate ever! We had lunch there and it was really nice. We all got club sandwiches with French fries and of course hot chocolate to start out. I think we decided that it was the nicest meal we have had in Paris. Dad said he would sponsor our lunch outing so thank you Dad!!! We really enjoyed our lunch.

After we walked through Jardin des Tuilleries. We went to the Concorde metro stop and that is where we left each other. It was sad for sure, but we have had such a good time together and he will be home before I know it. We had to go on the same line, but different directions. We went down to our platforms, across from each other. Our metros came at the same time and we both got on and just smiled at each other through the windows and then my metro pulled away.

I went to the Arc de Triomphe next.  I climbed to the top and enjoyed the view for the last time. After, I met some of the girls while they had lunch close to the Arc. It was Sutton’s birthday and we had a good time together. We walked up the Champs-Elysees and then we met everyone at the Farris wheel that is in Place de la Concorde right now. It was our last group activity and we all took a ride. After we went to Madame’s and did a little secret Santa exchange which was fun. We love each other so much!!

Then people started to leave. It was so sad. Poor Trisha was one of the first and she was crying so hard. She is at BYU-I so it was the hardest for her, because she won’t be by all of us. Saying goodbye to Trisha, Lexi, Berit and Shae was so hard. I guess those are the girls I am the closest to. Right now I am at Madame’s because we don’t have anything better to do, so we had dinner here with Madame, Anna Marie, Judithe, Taylor, Ally and me. We had mac and cheese! We are watching Mr. Bean in French. So ridiculous!

I will soon take my last ride on the metro and that will be terribly sad! I love the metro! What am I going to do without it! I will finish packing and then hopefully get some sleep, but  it is my last night with ally so I guess we will see. Good night from Paris…for the last time.

 Lunch at Angelina's
Love the hot chocolate!
He was really happy hahaha



Christmas decorations on Rue de Rivoli
 This was where I last saw Mookie...
 Top of Arc de Triomphe

Top of the Farris wheel
Me at my metro stop
Those are real tears in my eyes. I was so sad to leave the metro. It was one of my hardest good-byes so far.
Me with my key...I am about to hand it back to Madame Deveranne.

2 comments:

  1. Although we are so excited for you to come home, we are sad to have it come to an end. It is a blessing you have been so faithful in your journal/blog so that you can always treasure this very special time for you and your brother. Your Father in Heaven has surely shown His love and care for both of you!

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you know I'm in tears having just read this. I think this is what they mean when they say "You had the time of your life!" How grateful I am for the experiences you've had, Brittany. Can't wait to see you, but I'm also so sad I won't be tuning in to see what is happening in Paris on a daily basis! Love you and see you very soon, Mom!

    ReplyDelete