Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 13

This is actually a well suited title for the day. I learned today that there are bad days even in Paris (just as in Australia) Thirteen really isn't a nice number.

There was no particular reason that it was a bad day. K well maybe a few. First thing I slept in until 10ish, which I always feel bad about because our host mom is up. I feel like she probably just thinks we are stupid lazy Americans. One of the first things she told me was that her husband has to get up at 6:30 and I was yelling until 1:00 in the morning. I was skyping my parents until late and I do have a tendency to talk loudly, but I didnt know that anyone could hear me. She was nice about it, but I was embarrassed so that was no fun.

At noon we headed for class to get there and find out that it had been moved to 10 that morning. He announced last week in class but both Ally and I forgot about it. So again I felt stupid and I missed a lot of material.

So we decided to find lunch and just hang out until our class at four. We found a subway which was nice! We had coupons so we both got lunch for 6.50 euros! That is so cheap compared to usual.

The day got better from there I guess. We walked and found this cute fountain. That was nice until some creeper guy kept reading what we were writing in our notebooks about different stuff we had done over the time we were here. So we left. We walked and found this amazing church-Eglise St. Eustache. I think it might be one of my favorite ones, however my camera decided that after 35 pictures that its stick was full. Is it? No the computer says it is empty, but I can't take anymore pictures so I was really happy about that!

We had Civilization class, which is not my fav because our teacher is scatterbrained and it really seems to be mostly a waste of time. We had dinner together at the BYU apartment where our director lives. Then I headed over to FHE with the members and the missionaries at the institute building. That was fun to be there, but the lesson was al in french and once again I felt stupid. It seemed to be the trend of the day.

After the lesson the senior missionary decided that the game would be speed-dating. My absolute favorite game...NOT! Instead I talked to Michael and Elder Maxwell. That was fun. they make me laugh. Now I am at home and want to sleep for a few days.

Michael's new companion comes tomorrow and Michael is at the church all day doing leadership training so I will probably run into him. I am going to his baptism on Saturday and I am excited to be able to go and support him! Well that's it for today. Hopefully Day 14/Tuesday will be a good day.

Me at subway-I was really happy about an american restaurant today
Ally at Subway
Fountain by the Centre de Pompidou

Gardens in between the fountain and the eglise
Eglise Saint Eustache-my favorite church so far.



2 comments:

  1. Trouble in paradise! Well despite your downs, that fountain and church look pretty cool. Too bad the pesky stuff gets into the way sometime. :-(

    We'll have to remember not to Skype too late, but it was fun!

    We called the sj mission office and they said elder Johnson was at the airport. They also said they could not give us janae's location but confirmed she is here. We'll track her down

    ReplyDelete
  2. How FUN!!! Seriously, how awesome that you get to go to your brother's baptism? That is amazing. Glad your not so good day turned out gorgeous looking (great photos!) if nothing else. :)

    ReplyDelete