Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 15

The main event of the day was art class with Bernie(the art guy). I have to say for not being an art appreciator at all, this class is so awesome! I am thinking that it is the teacher and a little bit of the fact that instead of looking at a power point, we are examining the actual pieces of art.

We went to the Cluny museum, which is half ruins of ancient Roman baths and half and old monastery of the Cluny order. I learned a lot, but I am a little worried about internalizing it and being able to remember and spit it back out.

Ally stayed at home in bed all day, which stinks for her. I think she is getting better, which is good because we have to be at the BYU apartment at 8h00 tomorrow morning to get on a bus heading for Normandy. There is a strike tomorrow so it will be super hard to get around the city. Half our group lives further out so they are coming in to spend the night at another Etap Hotel haha fun for them!

We had dinner with our host family again tonight. I understood a lot more than I use to I realized. It seems like often I don't understand, but that is better than almost always! We had grapefruit for our first course, carrots, green beans and some type of cow meat that looked a lot like pork loin. No idea what that is. For the third course we had our cheese! I LOVE it! I have my favorites and they are mild and boring, but so good. For desert I had a banana and everybody else had a peach. Good dinner.

We are planning to get up around 6h00 to get out by 7h00. Madame (thats what I call our director, although I guess there are a lot of madames here) says that they leave at 8h00 even if people aren't there, so we are going to be early. I probably wont post tomorrow so when I get back I will have a huge Day 16/17. Au revoir!

The Cluny monastery part


The ancient Roman baths-built in the 100's!
Bernie! Isn't he like a typical art dude?
Vaulted ceiling in the small private chapel at the Cluny.
A Reliquary
The Lady with the Unicorn

2 comments:

  1. Wow, cool pics. I hope ally gets better for tomorrow. I can't wait to get the report (and pics) from your trip!

    Ps can you turn off the spam filter on your cooments so we don't have to do the little puzzle thing ... Since I'm not very good at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible experience you are having. Enjoy every minute of it!!

    ReplyDelete