Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 8


Well today was another day. Allyson and I were talking about how the days here are so long. It also feels like we have been here forever, but as my title reminds me-it is only day 8! It is crazy on so many levels. One-that I actually live here. Two-that I feel like it's home. Three-I could not be happier or busier.
I started out the day with a shower and breakfast. Breakfast is good here. I have some natural cereal stuff and sweet bread with this amazing honey. I am going to take pics of the house soon. Maybe video, but i need input on what the best way to take a shower in this house is. No door, no curtain, and just a hose with a sprayer. One thing I am not a fan of in France.

We headed off to school and we were only 5 minutes late to our art class. It was our first time and we just met in the institute building. The class was three hours long, but I could have gone longer. He is so awesome and the class makes me feel like maybe by the end of it I will have some knowledge and appreciation for art.

While I was sitting in class I looked out the window and who did I see? Michael!!! I have seen him the last five days in a row! This is awesome! He was just there to clean out the missionary closet. It is great to run into him.

After class a few of us went to lunch with our professor. It was so nice to talk with him more. He is so insightful and is inspiring in a way that I feel like most art teachers aren't because they are all dramatic and into the art. I'm not a fan of that. He seems to be teaching to everyone's individual levels, which is just what I need.

Allyson, Taylor and I decided we would head toward Victor Hugo's house. I opened our Paris walks book and found a walk that went to Victor Hugo's house. Off we went. The walk was amazing and I have found that what interests me the most here is the architecture. I can not get enough of the quaint buildings, parks, and gardens. Also the breath taking cathedrals, monuments and other varies buildings.

After the three hours walk we headed home for another dinner with the family. Allyson and I really like our family. We feel very comfortable here and it is fun to get to know them better. Even in the last week I find that I am understanding more and speaking more than I was.

For dinner we had a salad, then ble with some salmon/muscle/mushroom soup, our cheese course, and the cake from last night. It only lasted an hour and 15 tonight-a new record. I am trying lots of new things, but I am also getting more comfortable to say that I don't like something.

It is so fun to have a daily routine, where I come home and for a good two hours I upload pics to facebook and write my blog. I am trying to keep good track of everything I do and see.

Allyson and I at the Hotel de Ville
At the Hotel de Sens
Hotel de Sens
Taylor and Ally at the wall that use to surround Paris.

St Paul from the back
St Paul

Square Louis XIII
Hotel Carnavalet




Square Georges Cain- super cute garden. It has Wifi so we are hoping to be able to come back soon and do our homework. Its in a quite little neighbor hood and it would be perfect.
Beautiful Jardin behind Musee Cognacq-Jay
His writing desk
I had to put this one in because we seriously had this chandelier in a cream color when we moved into the gilroy house. It was so ugly! It could have been the exact same one just painted. I laughed!

No comments:

Post a Comment