Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 26

Well Nuit Blanche was a flop. We went out but nothing big was open at all. There were a lot of people around, but we could never really figure out what they were all doing. It just seemed like people were walking around. After a few hours, we headed back home.

That was an adventure in itself. The first metro we had to get on was so full! There were six of us girls and I told everyone to grab their roommate and make sure you get on this metro. So we squeezed in. The pushing from the back certainly helps to get you on. Getting off becomes a problem, but we made it. There were quite a few sketch people and we were glad that all of us were together.

We got home late (or should I say early) so Ally and I slept most of the day. I got up around 13h and started some homework. I had a presentation tomorrow in my religion class. Usually I don't do my homework on Sunday and I realized that as I stared today. I guess I just haven't really realized that life in Paris is still life and I need to figure out what I want to do and not do and plan ahead.

I watched more conference and loved it. I put on Priesthood session while I did part of my presentation. I tried to watch Sunday morning live, but fell asleep about half hour into it. I'm watching it again now. Sunday afternoon will be on at 22h. It's weird having them on super late!

I can't believe how amazing this conference has been. I don't know if I am listening better than normal, or if I was more prepared for it, but I have gotten so much out of this conference. I feel uplifted and inspired. I can already see an increase of the Spirit in my life over the last day as I listen and apply the teachings I have learned.

Most of the pics are not very good quality but here's the night:

Hotel de Ville
Notre Dame
The metro
Us on the metro
Ally and I on the metro-we got close quickly lol

1 comment: