Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 54

Today was a good day. It did not start out all that great though. I have been in a weird mood for the last four or five days, and I haven't really been able to shake it, but today I did. Church was fine. WE were in the same room for the whole three hours, which made for a little bit of a numb bum, but it was okay. I understood more than normal and took a few little power naps. Enjoyable.

After I was still feeling out of it and I just wanted to go home, so that's what I was going to do. I started talking to Michael before I left and he was laughing at me. Well not at first. He said that I was exhausting him and that I just needed to chill out. It was really true. I have been so high strung the last few days. I was really just exhausting myself.

So I hung out with the missionaries for awhile. Elder Johnson, Elder Draut, Elder Lazer, Sister Thompson, and Elder Maxwell. It was really nice to be around different people, especially when those people were mostly guys! I miss having guys around. They help to keep me sane. Spence and Taylor are just not cutting it. Anyways...there was a little buffet at the church and it was lovely to have a free meal. They had what looked like Mom's pumpkin cookies, but just as I was about to take a bite, Michael said, "Don't get to excited" hahaha we were both thinking the same thing and they were no where close to Mom's. Of course.

I decided that I would join the girls for Pere Lachaise because I really was in such a better mood and I don't want to miss out on things if I don't really have to. I'm so glad I went. It was so beautiful with all the Fall colors! It might be one of the prettiest places in Paris-at least this time of year. I will return there again before I go home for sure!

Ally and I went home and started planning Italy. We are leaving on Wednesday. And we have nothing but our flights. Of course everything is coming together and I am getting excited for it. We are going to Venice, Florence and Rome in three days. Watch me do it! I know it's impossible but we are.

We had dinner with just our host mom tonight, because our host dad and sister are out of town. It was nice because we had dinner at like 18h55! An all time early dinner and it only lasted about an hour. We were done by eight! Nice to have the night after dinner.
























Ally decided that she would be our tour guide through the cemetery. We felt like a cool little Asian tour group with her fancy pink umbrella! haha











Ally was cracking me up the whole day! I'm so happy I am here with her!
I took my lovely brown coat off just for you Dad! I know it is nice to see that I actually do wear different things in Paris.


3 comments:

  1. Okay, kind of weird, but when I glanced at that picture of you in your brown dress, I thought it was me for a split second. Freakier for you than for me, I'm sure. I want to go to this place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice from your wise brother! I loved these pictures. Some fo the best so far. I wish I was there with you today! I didn't think you looked like mom, but now you know a litle how Michael felt listening to your cell phone voice mail. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally have to ditto what your mom said...I had to do a double take too!!

    ReplyDelete