Mondays are are busiest days. It is just so rough here in Paris! Class starts at 13h. I know you are all thinking how is it even possible to get up for that class! I somehow manage. Religion is first. I had a presentation today in my class on the Ballif family and their contribution to the church in the French speaking world. I think it went pretty well. Half the class was just a movie about the church in Belgium and Switzerland. We got out half an hour early.
Sutton and I walked the streets looking for a cheap lunch. We bought cheese and a baguette. It only ended up being like three euros together. Cheapest meal I have eaten here for sure. Civilization class was next. That is really just a joke. Its a three credit class that meets once a week for about an hour and then we just eat food for the next two hours. Our teacher/director is so disorganized that there isn't much going on in that class.
The best part of the day is Family Home Evening at the institute building with all the young adults in the ward and the missionaries. I talk to Michael almost the whole time. I try to at least. Occasionally I feel like he should probably be listening to the lesson given. Kidding-we talk after, but it is nice to catch up with him.
Its funny because this day seems like it is absolutely nothing when I write it out like this, but it really is our busiest day-at least our most structured.
This tall guy is Spencer. He is one of the guys on our trip and he is so fun to be around! He reminds me of Cam a little bit. Here he is yelling(just playing around) at this poor guy who speaks absolutely no English. They weren't winning. He had the room in laughter.
Here is Michael and his new companion Elder Johnson. Elder Johnson split his forehead open in two hand touch football today. They spent the last half of the day at the hospital. He is doing fine though. He's a great kid. We really like him.
I guess having your trainee go to the hospital as a result of your first district activity as district leader is adequate excuse for a one day delay on the weekly letter! :-)
ReplyDeleteI think you better take better care of that boy!