Well I woke up seven minutes before the alarm went off. You know it is going to be a good day when instead of rolling over, you jump up and hit the shower. I was so ready to go. We ate free breakfast at the hostel which was actually really good. They had a cereal bar with about twelve different cereals. I found my new favorite cereal. It looks like cinnamon toast crunch but it is filled with Nutella! What could be better than that!
So we started out the day with a walk to the top of Le Chateau. It's not really a castle, but it is a look-out over all of Nice. It was a great view and there was a little waterfall at the top. I'm glad we went up! Plenty of steps to climb!
We took a bus to Monaco and the drive was amazing!!! It was along the coast and the whole time was unbelievable. When we got to Monaco we headed for the casino. I guess its famous? Haha but it was really beautiful. We walked over by the harbor and found the Prince's palace. Then we meandered through part of Monaco and I loved it.
Half of the group decided to go to the oceanographic museum and the other half wanted to explore city. I wanted to go to the museum, but it costed money and I had been to an aquarium before. I also figured I would be happier just experiencing the city. I was so happy I did!
We walked down the hill until we ended up at a tiny little beach! I was so happy when I realized we could go down there. I was seriously giggling like a little five year old! I have some pictures and I hope that you can see how excited I was! So fun!
After that we headed back on the bus to Nice and we wanted to eat at the hostel. They had food for pretty cheap and we had checked it out the night before and it looked pretty good. So we ate there. I had a chicken salad and it was really good.
We went back to the room and hung out. We met a few of the girls who were staying in the room with us. There were two American girls from UC schools, one studying in Paris and one in Florence. We also met Jaquie who is from Australia and we talked to her a ton. I went to bed at 21h because I had a headache for the whole evening and then it started to turn into a migraine so I turned off the light by my bed and hid under the pillow. However, when Jaquie came in and started talking to her, I was all ears. We also met Enos who was a muslim girl from Germany. It was so awesome to meet people from all over and with different stories and with different perspectives of the world. We didn't end up going to bed until 1h30/2hish.
The Hostel
My room was the bottom floor where the white towel is hanging out.
Us walking toward the tram
Inside of the beautiful cathedral in Vieux Ville, Nice
Walking up to Le Chateau (Sutton, Jayna, Roxanne, Ally, Emily, Martha and Shae)
The view as we headed up the hill.
Me at the top of le Chateau over looking the city
I LOVE the colors in Nice. I just could not get enough of them!
I love France!
More of Nice
The bus ride to Monaco
Me at the casino in Monte Carlo
Monaco
Sweet car
Monaco License Plate
My tasty fruit tarte!
More of Monaco
Me at the Prince's Palais
The gaurd
Just a cute little thing in Monaco!
The shore
Cathedral in Moncao
Monaco's Flag
Princess Grace's grave (cant figure out how to turn the picture...I know I'm a little retarded)
Five different languages? Really?
Aquarium in Monaco
Monaco's shore
The cute little beach we went to! I love it!
I'm loving these pictures! Thank you for taking the trouble to post them. I want to go!!!!
ReplyDelete