Started out the day with a wake-up call from my dad! He called the cell phone and I got up to Skype with him. We chatted for a little over an hour and it was so nice to be able to talk to him and catch up!
I caught up with Ally and four other people from the group and took my first visit to the Louvre! I was actually surprised by how much I liked it. I'm not really an art person, but there are so many different kinds of art in the Louvre, that I never got bored. I knew it was huge, but I didn't realize that it was that huge. Trying to find an exit took a ridiculous amount of time. I decided that by the time I go home I want to have seen every part of the Louvre, and I don't think it will be a problem. That will be amazing to be able to do. I'm so blessed to be here and have so much time to see everything!
We did a few sections today, but the one that I liked the best was Napoleon's apartment. It was grand and elegant, and it made me want to live back in the day. We all had our 'We love Jane Austin and anything else old' moment, and then we went back to loving modern technology and privileges.
After the Louvre a few of us walked around Tuileries for awhile, even though it was raining. We headed up to the Montmarte district for a guided tour that some of the group wanted to do. I'm not sure it was worth it, but I don't regret doing it. So I guess it was good to be able to walk around; however, it was raining. My shoes, socks and pants were soaked.
I got to see Sacre Coeur for the first time and it was amazing! It might be my new favorite cathedral. I hated and loved that you couldn't take pictures. I liked it because it made it more of a church. I hated it because I want to be able to remember it forever and pictures are the only way that that is going to happen for me. But I will definitely be going back to get tons of pictures of the outside.
Welcome to the Louvre
Napoleon's Apartment
Me, Ally, Roxanne, Sutton and Martha
We talked about this picture forever-trying to analyze it and stuff. We were proud hehe
Me and the princess bed!
The dungeon
I liked the H's on the ceiling
Tour of the Montmartre district
And here is the sad place where my camera died.
What an amazing day - even in the rain!
ReplyDelete