Well I made it to Nice!!! I am sitting on my bed in my hostel with music and chatter coming from the window and looking out at the city with the ocean as my view. Yes I am in a hostel and yes I only paid 16 eruos for this bed. I'm super sad that I didn't bring my memory stick adapter, so I will have to wait only I get home Sunday to upload all my pictures...but I can write all about it till then!
We left the house at 6h15 and got on the train at 7h30. No problems and everyone was on time. We all ended up sitting together and talking the whole way. We tried to be semi quiet, but for eight excited American girls it is really difficult, so the people on the train loved us. We talked the whole way and it went by really quickly. The scenery was the so incredible. I am so glad that we decided to take the train. We got to see so much. We were along the ocean for a good two hours.
We got of the train and made our way to the hostel. We had to take a tram and then a 'shuttle' picked us up. So we are a little unsure of what to expect at this point and an unmarked green van with some guy. As he was driving toward us we were kind of discussing it and Ally yells, "He is cute, who wouldn't want to get in a car with him!" So that settled it. We got in. (K for all of you who are concerned at this point-dont be- it wasn't that sketch-just funny)
We showed up and the staff is all super friendly. Most are from Australia and it is super chill here. There are people form all over staying here and it is just like a young adult hang out. We are in a 14 bed female dorm room. There are some cool people here. The girl sleeping below me has been here for eight days and she is leaving tomorrow. I think she is traveling alone! How are there people like that? That is amazing to me! Slightly jealous.
So we headed for the beach. We got off the tram at the town center and it was incredible. The colors here are amazing! Buildings are these bright reds, orange, blues, and greens. I hope that my pictures do it justice, because they are incredible. We found a cheap lunch and then walked to the beach!
The beach is rocks, but we went swimming in the Mediterranean Sea!!!! I almost didn't get in because it was a little cold, but finally I decided that I would regret it so I jumped in. (Side note: I forgot my bathing suit so I used Emily's extra blue top and a pair of Ally's purple underwear-when in Nice....) So anyways-I jumped in and was so excited. It was super salty and so clear! It was for sure the best thing I have done since arriving in France. I declared several times through out the day that I might burst with joy.
We meandered through the Old part of Nice and I took a ton of pictures! I loved it! We found a cheap pizza dinner and headed back for the hostel. The hostel is so cool! We went around and there are a ton of people here from all over. People are just sitting around talking to each other exchanging their stories and all of that stuff. Just a few minutes ago a guy started playing the guitar and singing right below my window. He looked up at me and smiled. Haha at first I was creeped out but it is so part of the atmosphere.
Well I'm going to bed so that we can have another full day tomorrow. We are going to Le Chateau in Nice and then on to Monaco for the rest of the day. So hopefully there will be another post tomorrow. Once again I reflected on a year ago and remember how I thought life might be terrible forever. Today I proved that very, very, very wrong! Good night from Nice. I am a very happy woman!!!!
Gare de Lyon
The train ride was beautiful
We made it to NICE!!!
Trying to buy tickets for the tr
Creeper stalker picture of our cute shuttle driver!
The view from my bed!!!
Sitting at the hostel-checking in.
I LOVE NICE!!! Look at these colors!!!
On the beach! Loved it!
Matisse's house
Sundial clock
They had so many flavors-there were four times this many.
We got 6 scoops of different flavored ice cream to try all the weird flavors they had and split it for a euro each.
Cute dog at the restuarant
Dinner
Me and Ally
Cute boy trying to help me take a picture of the dog at dinner hehe
And this is where I said good night to Nice. WOW!!!
My very favorite lines you have written in 30 days are these: "I declared several times through out the day that I might burst with joy," and "Once again I reflected on a year ago and remember how I thought life might be terrible forever. Today I proved that very, very, very wrong! Good night from Nice. I am a very happy woman!!!!"
ReplyDeleteAnd I am a very happy mother! And I want to go to Southern France!!!
Although I missed the pictures, the words were awesome! I can't wait to see your pictures and I am getting excited to come see you!
ReplyDeleteI swear, I dont look at your blog for a few days and its like Ive missed everything! You are doing such a great job of updating every day. Love it, love you, and LOVE reading about your adventures!
ReplyDeleteLife is good Brit and I'm so excited to read your words "I'm a very happy woman!"
ReplyDelete