Okay today was insane. We woke up before 6h and were out the door at 7h15. We walked to the bus stop and bought a bus ticket, only to find out that the bus only came every hour and we had just missed the last one, so we walked to train station. We got there and bought our ticket for the half hour train trip to Venice.
We got there and bought our train tickets to Florence for 11h30. That meant we had just over three hours to see all of Venice. I quickly bought a map and we headed off. Coming out of the train station was so awesome. The grand canal is right in front of the train station and there were just boats everywhere. We started to just follow signs to the big Palazzo of San Marco. We weaved our way through the city and it was so gorgeous!
We got to the Bridge of Rialto and decided it was time for a gondola ride! Yes we went on a gondola ride! It was so cool! I didn't think it would be that great, but it was. The little gondola man was so adorable. Italian men are charming! OKay well some of them are. It was mostly Italian women who were the rude ones. Not a fan of them.
We walked through the rest of the city that we wanted to see. We were heading back to the train station and some how got pretty lost. It was bad and we were worried we would miss our train. So we ran. I was carrying this ridiculously heavy backpack and once again running through a city.
We made it and it was okay. So then we were on the train to Florence. We got off and we headed for the David. I was a little worried, because my mom said that there can be lines up to three hours long. We went. No line. In and out in 15 minutes. It was really cool! I came around the corner and there he was. Tall and naked. But it was so incredible. The detail on the statue was insane. There were veins in this hands and neck. He was so tall too!
I forgot to ay that we had lunch on the run. I got a tomato and Mozzarella sandwich. My mother recommend it. And for a three euro lunch I was very satisfied. Whenever I get to eat Mozzarella and tomatoes, I think of home and of my Mommy! Wish you could be here!
We went to the Baptistery, the Bell Tower and the Duomo. It was really pretty! We climbed the Dome and went outside of it. It was so amazing from the top! We met some cute American guys who are studying abroad in Denmark and are on a two week break. We met them when we walked up the 463 stairs and I cam up totally breathless. They laughed at me.
I was walking around the top of the Dome and the were trying to take pictures of themselves. I told them I could take there picture and we started talking. I miss America! I really miss just talking to people and I am telling you, guys are cuter and nicer in America than anywhere in Europe that I have been.
Anyways...we went down and bought our first gelato! We went into this little gelato store and that is where i decided that I think Italian women are rude. i didn't understand what they were saying obviously and the sign language was not going really well. So anyways I wanted to buy gelato that cost three euros, instead I ended up with three scoop of ice cream in a huge cone and paying 10 euros. I was annoyed to say the least. It was way good though, so I just enjoyed it. It ended up not being that much gelato(PS it was like fruit flavored), so i bought another one down the street for two euros and it was just as much and so good(that was chocolate).
We finished that and headed off to the next part we wanted to see. We walked through two more palazzos to the Old Bridge. I think that the bridge might have been my favorite part. It was so beautiful. As we were walking back to the station there was a little band playing a cello and a couple other instruments. It was so lovely. It was just turning dark and it was amazing. As we walked away there was this Italian man selling something and I looked at his stuff and then up at him and he had this big grin and gave me the biggest wink. Instead of acting like I was unaffected like I was suppose to, I smiled and totally laughed with Ally. So funny, but I loved it!
We made our way back to the train station, bought our tickets and then went back out to find some pasta for dinner before the train left. It was so good! Ally got Pesto and I got Tortellini. We shared and it was lovely! So happy!
Now I am on the train heading to Rome. We took the cheap one that was 17 eros instead of 44 euros. So this train is four hours instead of two. It's okay because we are all just talking and having a good time. We get to the hotel at 11h30 and it is right by the train station.
And of course the night ended with me running around. We went the wrong way at first, then we found the hotel. Climbed to the fourth floor where our hotel is. Read the sign that said check in was done the street. Emily, Ally and I went down there. We got there. He needed all of our passports, so I ran back to get the other two girls and Emily's. Down the street, up the stairs, down the stairs, and down the street. Running the whole time because it is midnight and I want to just be in a bed. I get back to the desk and the guy is as slow as molasses, so really I didn't need to run. Love it.
We finally made it to the rooms. They are nice but quite small. We have our own bathroom which is nice, however, the shower was built for skinny people, and I guess I still don't qualify. I could barley move and I got water all over the floor. We also found out there is no wifi, so another two days with no internet. Sunday will be a big blogging day. Yipee!
But I am in Rome, Italy! Haven't seen anything but the train station and a fountain when we got lost, but I am here! I can't believe it! Tomorrow we are hoping to do the Vatican City in the morning and anything else we run into. I want to eat lots of pasta, pizza, and gelato. It will be a good day, with or without internet!
No comments:
Post a Comment