Okay another big day. Not as much to say as the other days, but still really fun. It was a slower day, but we still saw amazing things. We left the hotel and checked out a little after 8h. We went straight to the Colosseum off of the metro B line. Getting off was so awesome! It was right there.
It is so old and so big. It was cool to try to think of all the ancient people and all the stuff they did there. Okay this sounds like a really ridiculous blog. I am so tired. I am sitting in the airport in Rome, waiting for our plane to leave in an hour and a half.
OKay back to Rome. We went through the ruins after the Pantheon. It was a more relaxed day. After the ruins we wandered back to the Pantheon and ate lunch at a little restaurant. I had lasagna for the first time in Italy. It was good but they didn't give me enough at all. It was okay because after I got gelato.
I am proud to say that I got seven scoops! I got one bowl with five scoops. That one had passion fruit, green apple, mango, mandarin orange, and raspberry. The next bowl had two scoops. That one was Nutella and another super rich chocolate one. I am slightly ashamed and yes I am sure I gained weight, but so worth it. My pants still fit and I will lose all of the weight in the next week, but I am glad I didn't do a study abroad in Italy; they would have had to roll me home! But as they say...when in Rome... HAHAHAHAHA I love it!!!!!
Today was so fun because I was able to hang out more with the girls, rather than feel like I just had to get us places. PS Ally did most of the leading on this trip (So proud of her). The girls on this trip are Ally, Martha, Emily and Trisha. Trisha is so funny. She is a blond girl who is pretty ditzy, but being on this trip with her has made me like her so much more. I was able to kind of see through to a deeper side.
She is so gullible though and some of my favorite times on the trip are when we convince her of ridiculous stuff!
First story: we were at the ruins and there was a building that was standing and she asked Ally and I if anyone lived there. I answered casually, "oh yeah, the Pope's wife." She of course questioned me, but then Ally jumped in with, 'She does! Do you see her laundry hanging there? It is her nun outfits." Trish said that she didn't think the Pope was allowed to have a wife. We stood there for another few seconds staring at the little building and then I lost it. I am always the one to lose it.
Second story: We were walking from the Pantheon to the Trevi Fountain and there was a cute building we came across. Trish once again asked us what it was. Ally told her that this was the house that the President lived in. Trish was not about to be fooled again so she said completely said she did not believe it. I jumped in and said that it was. Still she wasn't cute convinced. Then Emily jumped in with my favorite line, "Yeah 152 Piazza de Signora (reading the address from the side of the building) everybody knows that." Then Martha told how the church across the street was his church that he worshiped in and that it was kind of like the white house. I told how because the Vatican was so close that the president was very Catholic. I think we finally had her convinced when I lost it again. I was trying to explain something more about the church and the pope, but I could not even get the words out. This might not sound this funny, but I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!
We headed back by the Trevi Fountain for one last time and went and collected our luggage at the hotel lobby. We found the shuttle to take us to the airport and we waved good-bye to the city. I decided, slightly sadly, that Rome is my favorite city. I love Paris and I never thought it could be replaced, but if I had to pick one it would be Rome. I felt safe here and the people were fun. It was much more laid back and I it was fun to be an American in the city.
I am excited to go back to Paris though. It does feel like home. I hope that the journey home is uneventful and that this entry will just end here. Moral of the story is I love Rome and I want to come back! The End
Just read all about your Italy Trip!!! IT was SO MUCH FUN to read all about it, Brittany. I am so happy that you are blogging everyday, even when you don't have wifi. I could totally picture every thing you talked about. Loved the funny stories. Way to Carpe Diem Rome, Brittany! You totally seized it!
ReplyDeleteThese *are* the good ol' days. I'm so happy you came back for them!
ReplyDelete