Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 67

Today was the day that we celebrated Ally's 20th birthday. Her birthday s really on the 14th, but it is Sunday, so we did all of our fun stuff today. Trisha and I have been planning a few surprises for her. we came up with a scavenger hunt that took her around Paris. It was so hard to keep her from planning stuff and having her try to invite everyone else to ruin our plans, but we managed.

First we went to Invalides to pass the time before her plan to go and see Mama Mia. We will do that soon, but I just let her believe that we were doing that. We saw Napoleon's tomb and then we went to lunch at Fajitas! So good. I got chicken nachos and I missed home even more.

Then I gave her her first clue. She was making things difficult so I had to give it to her before I was suppose to, so we had an hour to get to the Eiffel Tower. We walked along the Seine for awhile. It was actually so nice. It was just a slow pace walk, and I really enjoyed it. It was not raining and it wasn't too cold, so that was a plus.

At the Effiel Tower Trisha met us with the second clue and a little gift. Trisha and I had picked out all the gifts on Tuesday after Chartres.) So she got a little tiara that said birthday girl on it. And the clue led to Notre Dame.

We ended up being way ahead of scheduele so the next clue wasn;t there yet. We decided that we would just climb to the top of Notre Dame since we hadn't done that yet. Half way through he line, Jessica showed up with the clue to lead to Hotel de Ville. She also gave her colored pencils in a cute little container with Petit Prince on it. She is an artist and has not had colored pencils, so we figured it would be a good gift. We went up Notre Dame and it was really fun to be able to see the gargoyles. The view of the city was nice too. it was kind of cool on the cloudy day to see things through the fog.

At Hotel de Ville we rode the carrousel. One of Ally's goals since we got here, has been to ride a carrousel somewhere in Paris, so we finally did it. Berit and Shae met us there with a clue that lead to the crepe stand we always go to by the institute behind Centre de George Pompidou.

Jayna and Sutton met us there and gave us a clue to get to the Institute. They also gave her a pin that says I was in Paris. We went to the institute after we got Ally and sucre and lemon crepe. (She had already had a nutella one in the line for Notre Dame.)

At the institute the boys met us and gave her a ring and a clue leading to Madame's apartment.
We all headed over that direction. On the way there, half of us ended up fitting on the metro and half did not. That was terribly funny! I was one of the ones that didn't quite make it, but we got Spencer on with a bunch of other random guys I helped shove them in fro behind. As Spencer drove away completely squished between a bunch of strangers, he gave us a look that said it all. His eyes crossed and rolled back in his head as if to say, "I love that people in paris do not use deodorant."

We had such a fun night at Madames! We made dinner and played a ton of games. They were mostly weird gymnast type games where we were trying to balance on each other and other weird stuff. It was so funny to be in and to watch! The night ended with a talent show where almost everyone preformed. We had impressions, singing, dancing, animal noises and everything else you can imagine. It was all impromptu, which made it even better.

On the way home we played the best game I have palyed in Paris. There are six of us that live over in the same area, so we all take the same metros home for most of the way. We decided that we would play chinese fire drill metro style. K well I decided and everyone thought that it would be okay lol At every stop you had to move up a car. Once we got to the first car, we had to try to run all the way to the very last car in one stop. I was the only one who made it. I was pretty proud lol I think that people thought we were slightly weird, but I had fun!

Invalides






Napoleon's Tomb




The Seine
Clue #1 at the Eiffel Tower
Birthday Girl!
Top of Notre Dame


Ally and I at the bell in Notre Dame





Merry-go-round ticket
Yes we are five...

Crazy games
Lighting the candles
Happy birthday Ally!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment