Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 83

It snowed last night. It is cold and I had two finals today. That sums it up. I'm done.

Okay no but really, I cannot understand why they decided to have finals the week we are leaving. As if life is not scary and stressful enough with the idea that next week we will be thrust back into real life across the world, lets put in some big tests that will determine everything you have been doing over the last three months. Not happy about the timing.

I am sometimes very happy to be going home, but most the time I am not so thrilled. It is just a huge change and I feel like this is the last bit of freedom I will have for awhile (okay more like forever!). Life just gets serious from here on out and that scares me.

I feel like I did well on my art history final and my civilization final. I actually enjoyed taking my art final, because I felt so smart. If I had taken that test at the beginning of a semester I would not have got a single thing right, but bow I could actually write my essays with ease. That has definitely been my most rewarding class here.

For civilization we made a desert and had a little one on one exam with our teacher. It was pretty easy. Not really one that I prepared or worried that much for. Most of the evening was just hanging out and being with each other. Spence announced that he will be leaving early. He goes home on Wednesday morning now, because his brother gets home from his mission on Friday and he is going to be there. So the reality that our little group is splitting up has started to hit. 

I have another couple things to do before tomorrow and I am totally putting them off. I am blogging and chatting it up with everyone. People in my group here who are all over the place like me and people who I am excited to see back at home. So weird that his little chapter is coming to an end. It went too quickly, just like I knew it would. 

 The snow this morning

On our way home. This was actually a tender mercy on my way to school today. You may ask how an upside down toilet on the side of the road can be a tender mercy, well I will explain. One of my favorite movements in art that I studied this semester was the Dada movement. I don't like the art very much, just the ideas behind it, but one of the most famous pieces of the time is the Fountain by Duchamp. This lovely toilet put a smile as my face as I was reviewing different pieces of art in my head in prep for my final.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the picture w/ you and the toilet. That's modern day art right there Britt! I was so excited to receive your postcard in the mail today...all the way from PARIS! Enjoy your last week of freedom and life as a European. Isn't it great that you can relive those memories through all the pictures you took and your blog. You'll be able to transport yourself all the way back to the Fountain by Duchamp just be reading your awesome blog! Love you so much and can't wait to see you and play when you get home!

    ReplyDelete