Today we went to Versailles as a group. It was a perfect day. The weather was great. I didn't even have to wear a coat. The grounds were beautiful, but the palace was disappointing because of some distasteful artwork(more to come). It was nice to meander through the grounds. It felt like something out of a Jane Austin movie/book.
Le Group
Versailles Palace
Hall of Mirrors
This stupid piece of japonese artwork is sitting in the Hall of Mirrors. Can everyone please write a letter to the President of France informing him that this is scandalous. Normally I can see through things that I don't like and just enjoy it(such as scaffolding on the Pantheon), but this is just inexcusable.
Oh you thought that was all. NOPE there is one in every room!!!! and it's not like they are small. What are they thinking?
Outside of the Palace(see no coat!!!)
The Grounds
The Sky as I walked toward the train was so beautiful, but it is always hard to capture stuff like that with a camera.
I really cannot believe that stuff - seriously??!! How disappointing. Who made the decision to have those in there?! I can see why you couldn't look past it all very easily! Thank you for the warning. When we see it on Saturday, at least I will be prepared. It's still such an incredible place! Loved all of your pictures, Britts!
ReplyDeletePlease have this removed before our arrival!
ReplyDeleteI am telling you...write the President! Its outrageous. The ones I took pictures of are the normal ones! Wait until Saturday!
ReplyDelete