Well nothing spectacular today. We had art today at the modern art museum, Centre George Pompidou. It was interesting.... Some of the stuff I liked but most of the stuff is just weird. I like a lot of the history behind the art and the changes that were happening at the time, but most of the art is not appealing. My favorite movement was the Dada movement, because it is so bizarre, but I think it makes such a good statement. It is all about just making a new form and mocking a lot of the empty art. I guess we all have our different versions of empty art.
We went to the top of the Centre Pompidou and I had no idea it was so high above the city. We got to see a cool view and it was nice to be that high up on our part f town, because we got a better view of things like Hotel de Ville and Notre Dame.
After class I went over to school and studied for my french conversation exam. I mostly just chatted with all the girls over there, but I had so much fun! I am going to miss living with all these people and seeing them everyday...well most of them. I also got to see Michael and I tried to get him to help me with my French. I would ask a question and he would just kind of laugh, because I would ask it how the text book tells me to ask it and he would tell me the way that people actually say that. It reminded me of a Brian Regan skit.
We had dinner with our host family and it makes me so happy! I m going to miss them so much, especially my host mom. She is so the cutest! She always has to have matching plates for every course and I tease her about it. I try to help her as much as possible with dinner and she is always saying that I am "tres gentile." She is so funny! Anyways, she has been so kind to us while we have been here and I will miss her when we go.
From the top of Centre George Pompidou
Notre Dame
Jayna, Lex, Me and Trish
Eiffel Tower
Sacre Coeur
No comments:
Post a Comment